Sunday, April 18, 2010

Milena Velba Latest Set




One of the most difficult things for inexperienced like me, on Fimo is cooking, as in the web there is nothing to say, that if it burned the fimo be harmful and carcinogenic. ...
E 'for this reason that I started to inform me more and I decided to join in my research. Fimo
Cooking should be done in an electric oven, because it dries the air or by boiling in water, as other pastries. Cooking varies depending on the size of the object, from 15 to 30 minutes at a temperature ranging from 110 ° to 130 °. The cooking takes a lot of attention, as if burned polymer clay can be hazardous to our health, something that does not happen, the simple use of the material by hand contact. In fact, the toxic particles are liberated only when, Fimo usually arrive at a temperature above 150 °. Many people, therefore, recommended to buy a separate electric oven and therefore do not cook in the oven at home, but many others, say that you just need a little 'attention ... At first I
to be safe, I wanted to buy oven part, but the research has been disappointing ... I have little space and toasters are all too big. For my needs, it would be a perfect warm croissant but where to find it? I have gone mad ... and so will opt for the home oven with a little 'of prudence, of which I shall speak in future posts. In fact, the first thing I asked myself is ... how do I understand when the object is cooked? Then gradually I realized that cooking is not that difficult.
In fact, you can make multiple firings of the same object, so if after removing the object from the oven, you see that is not yet cooked perfectly ... not desperate enough to cool (some people for it to cool quickly, place the object in water cold and ice) and then anneal it to harden a little '(of course the time varies based on the object and its hardness).
The ability to cook several times the object allows us to do well at different stages of our work, without distorting our small work art. In fact, for example in the creation of dolls, often return several times in the hands of the same body part already created, causes the heat that is so deforming the shape that we had done with so much love to achieve. Another way to avoid the deformation of the object, if you do not want to cook the part, is to put it in the fridge to cool and avoid trouble.
all for today ... but I leave you with a question ...
I read that to avoid the issue of toxic particles, one of the tricks is to put items that are cooked in a pan with glass lid, do any of you ever tried? And what kind of pan do you use? There are more places to cook the item? A big kiss to the next

Silvia

0 comments:

Post a Comment