Monday, November 22, 2010

Secondhand Professional Camcorders

new series with melon seeds

I wrote a month ago of jewelry that I made with melon seeds , an idea I got from little treasures. There are two ways to color the seed: either with the nail polish or with a marker. I only had a problem with the necklace made with seeds colored with a permanent marker: being touched by the clothes, hands, and I do not know what else, the color of the pen (although completely dry) also moved on beads and parts seeds left in natural color. The result: a purple and pink necklace that left the color on the neck of the clothes.

I really liked the necklace with purple (probably my favorite color) so I made another with purple enamel. see the difference between the new one (above) and the old stained (below)! (You do not see much in the picture, but also the seeds that are very old stained pink.)

when I wrote the first series, I also spoke of the difficulties that I have found to dispose of these beads tiny wood. maya advised me to put them on toothpicks stuck into a cork board to dispose. I tried that, but using a piece of foam instead of the cork, and it was very easy and came fully glazed! Thank you, Maya! for the seeds, instead, I glazed half of one side of each and I let them dry on one of those trays of pastries (which wash and reuse when possible). These trays are good not only because it recovered, but because the enamel does not stick much to the plastic surface. then after a few hours, when I was sure they were completely dry, I did the other side and I made them dry again on the same tray.

and put to work immediately, the new series yesterday (Erchie beach on the Amalfi amalfitanta during a Sunday outing). good week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment