Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mendocino Head Office

da bici a borsa

finally! You know when you want to do a project for a long time, but do not do that? My husband was asking me a messenger bag, shoulder bag that kind of flat rectangular shape, for a long time, but I never knew what fabric to use. Then he realized he would need a smaller version of the messenger bag to carry only your wallet, keys, phone, etc.. I showed him my clothes and even chose what she wanted for her purse. but do not yet cucivo this bag. are of the opinion that if you do not like to create one thing, there's a reason. In this case, because I had to sew the bag of my husband from an old bicycle inner tube.

had seen a number of projects made with inner tubes, but I was a bit 'scared because it made her look like a very complicated (and also something that is broken sewing machine needles).

however, was not at all like that. Certainly, it was not like sewing cotton and sometimes my car jumped the points, but overall it went well. the only problem was the fact that I had never sewn a bag and I did so in a way that was not the smartest. but that's another story that we tell!

then, what? Take an old inner tube and open it with scissors in order to have a long rectangular piece. Then you'll want to wash with soap and water because they are filled with a white powder (and zozzose in general). is useless to try to remove the fold of the room, because you can not (I tried!). So it seems my bag into strips. and then ... it does everything you want! I used the zig zag to combine the pieces to make a wider and then sewing the sides.

I used one tube for the bag and then I wanted to use another for the crash when I remembered something. Last year, when we scrapped our poor scassetta, I determined that I wanted seat belts and I had cut. then the collapse is an old seat belt.

are quite happy with the result. objects completely recycled, my husband has a perfect bag for your needs that is absolutely unique. seems almost like a kind of skin. the next thing I would do ... a wallet made from inner tubes. We'll see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment